10 April 2008

....come to the dark side!

man, I wish I were a democrat this year......they've got all the good races.

Seriously.

Hillary vs. Obama & Schellinger vs. Long-Thompson. And what do we have? Mitch and McCain, or M&Ms. There are no choices for us republicans this year, except a few local races in which it is becoming more and more clear that there is a power grab going on by our local corporate republicans.

I was talking with my neighbor about the elections and he mentioned he might just go in and pull a D in the primary in order to get the republican stink off of him. I kinda think he's onto something. More and more younger conservatives-the busters and mosaics for those of you who like generation titles-are becoming embarrassed about being republican.....I'm not kidding here, I'm hearing it a lot!

I think of chief concern is this.......if those guys are republican, I don't want to be associated with that! My neighbor was speaking of Carl Rove specifically here. I can think of a whole lot of other names starting with my own city councilman, to the governor, to the president.

What a mess the republicans have made......basically alienating a whole new generation or two.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always been into politics. I was once a Democrat. I was once a Republican. My experience has been that those who are elected and do a good job i.e. vote with their heart and mind, either get voted out prematurely or become corrupted in some form or another. When I talk to idealistic, politcally involved high school kids, I cringe because I know they will get their hearts' broken like I did. (It's like being a Cub fan!) Ideally, it is imperative that we have a balance of power or we end up like the City of Plymouth and Marshall County. Very sad indeed. P.S. I left politics behind me. Now I scrapbook and listen to my IPOD. It's more rewarding!

hoosier reborn said...

amen.

I just blog now.....

Anonymous said...

I grew up in South Bend and then went to college in Terre Haute, two cities where voting Republican is just like throwing your vote in the wastebasket. It's good to be in Indy where a Republican vote has traction. But you are right, this year Republicans have few choices. I'm choosing to look at it this way -- regardless of what I think of M&Ms, at least we don't have bickering between same-party candidates as the Democrats do right now.

hoosier reborn said...

Your experience sounds like those who vote Democrat in Marshall County. I'll give you that it sounds like bickering, and less about ideas; BUT, at least the dems are having a dialogue.

I can't think of the last time there actually has been a dialogue about ideas within the GOP, at least here in Indiana.

Locally, you're just told what to think. Hence my departure!

Anonymous said...

My dad's active in the Republican Party in St. Joseph Co. Based on his experience, up there all they've got is dialog -- since they can't beg, borrow, or steal an office up there, all they can do is talk about it!

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...