07 June 2008

then the sky opened up....

Dinner with the kids and a good friend last night: $16.00

Purchasing a storm door at Lowe's: $104.00

The gallon of gas running to the restaurant and store: $3.89

Having that good friend accept Christ in the parking lot of Lowes: priceless

After he said that prayer, having the sun break through the clouds and shine through the cab of his pickup truck: really quite remarkable.

With all the uncertainty & disappointments lately, it was awesome that God reminded me last night of what really matters in life and that my stuff doesn't add to all that much. And that He can use a short prayer and the sun to let us know He's there.

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...