19 June 2008

a rather UNreMARKable location

There used to be a line on the Dukes of Hazzard that said "Hazzard is a place where three little southern states come together". So the geography nut in me set out to finding where Hazzard County was. I never found it.....I had a hard time separating reality from make-believe when it came to the Dukes of Hazzard.

But there is a place where three Midwestern states come together. Indiana, Michigan and Ohio come together in the northeast corner of the state and a granite marker is located at the exact location. Once while visiting Pokagon State Park, we wandered to the location and the picture included is what we found....the marker, or what is left of the marker. Rather unremarkable.

We did take the opportunity though, for a picture with my daughter in Michigan, son in Indiana and myself in Ohio. wow.

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...