13 March 2008

last snow?

I just looked at the weather forecast for next week-I think spring may be here....at least I'm praying for that. I thought I would throw one more snowy scene your way.

This round barn was once located on a farm near where I grew up. Grandad re-roofed it once. He told me that inside the barn was a giant hewn tree that was used to prop up one of the main hips in the round roof that began to sag after a tornado went through.

Unfortunately the owner tore the building down only a few years ago. I loved the barn-I could see it from my bedroom window. Oh well, can't stop progress..........well, in Indiana, it is better to say, "can't stop stupidity".

Cynical-I know........get out and enjoy the weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your weather post brought something to mind.....when I was kid I remember that a winter ride in the car meant hats gloves hoods up and a blanket wrapped around us in the back seat (this was all pre seat belts)...I am not sure that the car ever actually warmed up...it was just warm enough to keep the frost off of the front windows. Today kids and adults jump in the car on the coldest of days wearing next to nothing...no thought given to what they would do in the event the car stalled due to the cold..(oh yeah that never happens now). I saw women come into my office on a Saturday several weeks ago when it was bitterly cold wearing flip flops and capri pants....my first thought was IDIOT! (sorry but what are people thinking). We are so pampered by central heat and air, and cars than warm in minutes that we have lost all sense of how to dress? I wonder how many kids wore shorts and flip flops to school today....oh oh now that could really get me started.

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...