25 March 2008

Beware! Billary cometh!

The fact that Indiana's primary will actually count for something in the Democratic primary this year is pretty cool news indeed. I will, in starke contrast, go in and cast my GOP protest vote that won't count. Go Huckabee!

This good news for Democrats means visits to the Hoosier state from the candidates, including my pick for the primary-Obama, and, of course, visits from the Clinton clan. Bill couldn't have landed in any less pro-Clinton state. But, he was working his magic in South Bend, down the 31 corridor to Rochester then the scenic route to Lafayette via Logansport. I've yet to hear if there were protestors saying "Bill go home!", but I'm quite certain our conservative state was "feeling the pain". Beware, Hillary lands here on Friday.

I think I could almost buy Hillary's message..........if it just were someone else giving it. Kinda like if Howard Stearn got up and preached a good sermon one Sunday.

The Clintons enlisted their daughter Chelsea to help sway voters too.........she was at her dad's side on Monday and will be returning to Notre Dame on Wednesday to lead discussions with Rudy. Do you think the students at Notre Dame have any respect for an actor (Sean Astin) who pretends to be a student at ND? I guess at least that Rudy may make a difference in the Indiana primary, unlike Rudy G!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill and Hillary are of my generation. We know exactly where we were when JFK was shot, we watched the riots on TV after MLK was gunned down and we were sitting in front of the TV when RFK was shot. Bill and I both grew up in towns that had Blacks unlike so many people in Plymouth. I remember the section of the theater that was for colored only and growing up in Hope Arkansas, Bill without a doubt saw even worse. I would be among the first to criticize Hillary and Bill for spending their entire adult lives in pursuit of political office but I can also understand that the events of our youth drove alot of people to question the system and for some like the Clintons they sought change through involvment while others just dropped out. We love our country but want better, we can see and will call out the things that we should be ashamed of. You don't have to agree with their methods or morals, but I honestly believe that what they want is a better America and cannot be counted among those who are in denial about our shortcomings.

Anonymous said...

I'll concede the Buster generation is a bunch of spoiled brats, but it is the boomer generation who made urban flight popular, McMansions, SUVs, etc.. Busters and Mosaics will be left to clean up after the Boomers. And I do concede that the Clintons are for the most part good intentioned which is more than I can say of most of our GOP.

And I qoute Marilyn Quayle from the presidential campaign of 1992: "we weren't all protesting and burning our bras" in reference to the Mrs. Clinton.

Makes me laugh to this day.

HR

Anonymous said...

The sad thing is I am a boomer and it is my generation that started the McMansion craze but I see alot of much younger couples than my wife and I and am just astounded by what they think they "need"....the spring break trips that local families take leave me dumbfounded! Marilyn grew up in one of those families that was in denial of what the reality of the times were.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of how you feel politically might I suggest Romans 13. It is what I will cling to this election season. We will never have a perfect political picture as there are no perfect people. What our elected officials and those running for political office need are our prayers. ONLY the Holy Spirit can change a heart or a life. Our prayers can go much further than our criticism.
Sincerely,

Sincere

Anonymous said...

Good suggestion. You are correct that the best we can hope for is to change the hearts of those in office, through prayer and our own lives modeling Christ.

What is an appropriate way for Christ followers to engage in politics?

HR

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...