20 March 2008

the Cross


the nails, the cross, the blood.......the life.

Friends out there......reflect this Easter on the historical event that changed this world forever and continues to have the power to change the human soul. Reflect on our responsibility to change the world, not in proselytizing the masses, but in loving the hurting as Christ lived for on earth.

I'm beginning to recoil at the term "christian", not because of what it should mean, but because of the baggage the term carries today. Most christians are not Christ followers or model Him as we are called. Recently I've been reading a book called "unChristian" which tackles the perceptions non-christians have of the church.....and it is shocking. Most know enough about Christ to know that the church doesn't look anything like Jesus.

Fact of the matter is that the church today probably would have been the ones crying "crucify him!"

So, for you out there who never have understood life in Christ, through the cross, I want to apologize on behalf of the church-we have failed to be the image of God on earth. You are not alone, though, because I believe most "christians" have never experienced this life either.

A remake of an old hymn says "the wonderful cross, bids me come and die and find that I may truly live". Christian friends out there...........have we really died? Are we truly "living"?.....then tell me, what are we living for? What did Jesus live for, what did he die for?

I have found what it means to be brought to the cross and find real life, real life-changing kinda stuff........beyond kiddy conversions & confirmations. And it has been an awesome ride.

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...