28 March 2008

aching to get on the trail!

So, you ask, how do you spend your 10 year anniversary from the first date with your wife?

Head to Bass Pro Shop with the kids!

That's right, last night marked our 10th anniversary from our first date-6 weeks later we were engaged, 5 months after that, married. I have a job in Portage, IN that took us up that way and we decided to make an outing of it. Bass Pro Shops are cool.......and even my wife enjoyed it. The kids especially did.

But man, I could have spent hours in the backpacking & hiking gear section. It got me thinking all kinds of crazy thoughts about future backpacking trips and I've already emailed two buddies to drop the hint for next year. And it brought fond memories of the Lake Superior trip this last summer. I think I'd prefer to head somewhere warmer though.........don't those guys look cold?

And of course, we drove in SNOW AND ICE on the way home. Welcome spring.

2 comments:

PNW Hoosier said...

You should consider coming this way some time in the late summer, early fall. There are plenty of places to hike.

Anonymous said...

that would be sweeeet! I've love to hike some on the west coast-or the red rock area in Utah. I think that would mean a slightly longer trip.

hmmm.

HR

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...