02 January 2008

Into 08

Happy New Year folks.

I sat down to go through some year end paperwork-filing and tossing. I had my 2007 calendar ready for the file with 2008's next to it on the table. I spent a few minutes flipping through 2007 and realized, wow, what a busy year. Then I went to fill in dates for 2008. I put down birthdays and the one commitment I accepted that will take one night a month for the year. The pages looked incredibly blank. No city council or plan commission meetings, no special breakfasts or lunches with government folks to build coalitions or projects for the community- nothin'. I always felt a little behind the times without a palm pilot or blackberry..........honestly, I don't know what I'd use it for now.

2007 had its ups and downs. I felt like I kept getting sucker-punched, but at the same time, can't remember ever feeling so blessed. 2008 promises to be an interesting year for our family with lots of changes and faith steps. The calendar has been cleared for a reason.....maybe it's because I need a break, a sabbatical.........maybe it's because I'm about to move into something big. For you out there who know us, keep our family in your prayers..........and I'll commit the same to you. God bless you all in this new year..........may it find you living "life more abundantly".

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...