28 January 2008

In the Spotlight Again

Coming off the heels of stardom from DMHO's performance on the Next Great American Band, you'd think our little town couldn't take much more excitement. But, Saturday night the spotlight turned on our community once again as the home to Miss America 1st runner up, Miss Indiana-Nicole Rash. I know the family-in fact her cousins are my cousins......which isn't so uncommon around here.

I like to remind my wife that I also knew Miss Michigan back in 1996; not a very smart girl though. Her dad was the dean of our department at university. Her boyfriend was a campus cop and he heard me spouting off about her dad once and I and all my friends in the department received parking tickets on our cars. That wasn't so cool.

Congratulations Nicole. You've made your home town proud!

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...