06 August 2009

country roads


I took the slow road home yesterday from a job site.
I eased off the accelerator, rolled down the windows and opened the sun roof.

Then I wondered "what's that smell?"

Has it been that long since I've lived in the country? The corn tassles were out giving off that sweet fragrance of a late summer day. Then I passed that new mown hay, and whoa.....Indiana.

Realizing the small things that we are blessed with....including some close-ups with red-tailed hawks and the largest old snapper I've ever seen.....makes for a better day all around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last time I took the boys home from South Bend we took MR to SR 17 to SR 29 to SR 39. We smelled a WHOLE BUNCH of Indiana that day!

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...