05 December 2008

a visit with St. Nick


I'm feeling a bit nostalgic these days, so forgive me for the vintage family posts. I've always loved this photo of my uncle on Santa's lap. The expression on his face is priceless, isn't it? I remember as a tot being taken to visit Santa in Bremen by parents and grandparents alike. For many, many years Santa had a decked out shack on wheels that he backed into a small opening next to the last downtown building on the west end of main street. I remember that, and I remember the large blinking musical red bells hung above the main intersection downtown.

I could sit on Santa's lap and go on and on about weebles, army men, Lincoln logs and Hot Wheels. And he never let me down, imagine that......and I always left with a candy cane in hand.

What about you, where did you meet Jolly Ol' St. Nicholas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a skeptical look on that boys face??

hoosier reborn said...

I think it's a look of hmm, my mom warned me about freaks like you!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed the inventory tag on Santa's Chair it must have been a lean Christmas that year too for Santa! Who do you suppose would purchase such a chair?

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...