04 February 2008

relics from the Lincoln

Just thought I would stick another link to the Lincoln from our end of the state. This is Faulkner's Service and Filling Station......opened for business in June, 1931, a mile west of Bourbon, Indiana. This would have opened about 3 years after the Lincoln Highway was constructed across the back corner of the farm. This may be one of the more intact examples of a filling station from the early Lincoln Highway days in our county. I've always admired this little building, but never knew its past until just recently. Sweeeet.

1 comment:

RoadDog said...

Keep the Lincoln Highway stuff coming. I would not have guessed that to be a gas station.

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...