18 December 2007

Holy Night

You know that red glow that appears on a white blanket of snow at the end of the day? Sunsets can be spectacular in any season, but it seems like some of the most colorful occur when the earth acts like a mirror; and while the earth below is cold, the fire in the sky warms the heart.

Consider for a moment what that holy night must have felt like, looked like......sounded like as the heavens were filled with voices crying out in joy.

I had a great conversation with a new friend who was asking a lot of questions about faith & God...and it seemed his most perplexing question was why.......why, if God knew that ultimately He would have to send His Son to earth........why did He create man in the first place? Divine intervention allowed me to answer. I said, I have to believe that God so desires to have a relationship with you, and I said his name, that the Sacrifice born in a manger was the only way to achieve it. Wow, where did that come from?

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...