05 May 2009

weekend Hoosier Happenings

My wife left me again, this time alone with the kids, while she went to a children's ministry conference in Atlanta. It really was no problem and Colonel Sanders helped out too. Outside of a brief sleep with a frightened little 6 year old in her princess bed at 2:00 a.m. and nearly being late for the bus Friday morning-we did fine. Of course, there were little post-it notes left for me on the important stuff.
My folks offered to keep the kids Friday night because of a meeting I had the next day. We went mushroom hunting.....and had awesome luck compared to years past. And we inspected dad's newest addition to the field...a large waterfall at his enlarged pond. Actually pretty cool.
Saturday morning rolled around and I left with blogger Jim for Logansport for our official organizational meeting of the Michigan Road Historic Byway project. We were impressed with the turnout and realize that there is a great deal of momentum building for this project. We have solid representation and support from LaPorte County south to Carroll County now along the old Michigan Road. One more meeting this summer for the "northern alliance" before we begin to build the southern alliance this fall. Really, really cool stuff developing with this. And we ate at my new favorite spot in Logansport-the Whitehouse burger joint.

meeting of the Michigan Road Northern Alliance

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your wife had everything nicely set up for you!

PNW Hoosier said...

Hey HR,

Why is your son wearing Purdue sweats in that picture? You know that is a cardinal sin.......

hoosier reborn said...

well, I hate to tell you this, but my kids are Purdue fans...I married into a huge Purdue family which probably would be more difficult to take if IU actually looked like something

PNW Hoosier said...

You are in my prayers, my friend....G... It will get better, IU should return to form in the next year or two.

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...