07 January 2009

for the Birds

the Christmas Bird Count was relatively uneventful, what with Birdman chickening out due to a little ice. But I promised to report on our feathered friends in our corner of Hoosierdom, so here goes:
Brown Creeper
Bluebird 2
Black Capped Chickadee 2
Crow 3
Tufted Titmouse 3
Cardinal 3
House Sparrow 20
Mourning Dove 7
Red Bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 2
House Finch 8
Juncos 6
White Breasted Nuthatch 2
Canada Goose 12
Northern Flicker
Starling 6
Goldfinch 4

All seen from the warmth of our living room, near the roaring fire, a block away from downtown river city. The Great Backyard Bird Count is coming up in a few weeks, so there will be more to report. We've been away at Pokagon for a few days, so forgive my blog lethargy. An upcoming story you won't want to miss.......the (sea)horse whisperer.

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...