08 September 2008

when we realize it's been a long time


You know how it is when you've rolled back into town after a long trip.....or maybe visiting family or friends in a community you've not set foot in for years? Or maybe it's that realization that much time has passed when you've looked into the face of an old friend you haven't seen in a long time.

For me, recently, it was the strange feeling of walking into a part of grandad's pasture that I hadn't been in for a long time.....and there were trees where there had been pasture. And I remember a few of those little saplings getting started about the time gramps quit farming. But then, after a little stroll into this secluded corner I realized, it really had been a long time.

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...