20 April 2009

whirlwind trip


I am back from a great, but quick trip, to points east including Gettysburg (sorry Natalie, just got your message last night!). Thank you for all of your thoughts and kind words regarding the truck stop. I was reminded again on this trip of those places that fight an uphill battle against the odds and are still hanging on. We traveled parts of the Lincoln Highway and National Road, visited Gettysburg and the Flight 93 memorial, and stayed overnight at Ohiopyle and Caledonia State Parks in PA. Good times with pictures to follow.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh well, think of us the next time. We live 30 minutes north of Gettysburg on Route 15. Love it down there. Great place to ride bikes.

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...