14 February 2009

Valentine: Saint of the Iron Gym

When it dawned on me that I had posted a political rant on Valentine's Day rather than something mushy gushy....I figured I might very well be in trouble with my love. To be honest, it dawned on me only after my love mentioned it.

Well, being the romantic that I am, I already had picked up a basket of South Bend Chocolates, a seductive card......and even took care of getting the kids something. And my love and I had a special lunch together Thursday...since I would be gone Friday and she gone part of Saturday. So, the fact that we had Valentine's Dinner with the kids really wasn't that bad, was it?

BUT let me tell you about my Valentines gift. THE IRON GYM! Possibly the best Valentines gift I've ever received. I have to send in for the arm straps though. My workouts over the last two years involved my fingers gripping over the molding on a door frame in our dining room for pull-ups and left lifts. One of our 20x guys brought over his iron gym and at that point I was spoiled after the first pull-up. My fingers didn't cramp and turn red and I had padded bars to grip. I could do 16 in a row the old way, I'll be able to do the 300 challenge of 24 with this!

And this goes a long way to help with New Years Resolution #5, killer abs. Which, thanks to the advice from 20x guy, are cutting in awesomely!

Thank you love of my life for introducing me to Valentine, Saint of the Iron Gym!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you can do a captain's chair hanging off that thing.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/abdominalcorestrength1/qt/captains_chair.htm

hoosier reborn said...

I checked your link out...it looks like I'd break my neck if I attempted that on my new toy. But, I'll accept your challenge!

Anonymous said...

do you think your vanity over your abs is in keeping with how you want to model your life........

hoosier reborn said...

let me think on this one....you gotta understand I was always so scrawny in highschool that this is just all new and cool to me.

and as crazy as it sounds, I still have no doubt that the transformation is a complete picture of the new man God is creating me to be...body, soul and spirit. But, I understand what you're getting at, so I will try to hold these comments to a minimum.

Ishmael said...

HR

I applaud your workout efforts. We could afford our healthcare if everyone had your motivation.

Have you considered adding aerobic workouts? Running and swimming go a LONG way towards conditioning and maintaining those muscles. Plus your slender build lends itself nicely to these.

Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

WINK! you got it!

hoosier reborn said...

Ish,

oh, I plan to run again once it warms up, but it is murder on my knees. I so no to pilates though.

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...