27 November 2013

Thanksgiving Photo Essay from Plimoth

To turn our hearts and minds toward the roots of our Thanksgiving, I offer this photo-essay from our family vacation to Plymouth and Provincetown, Massachusetts this past summer.  Happy Thanksgiving......and let us be truly thankful to our creator for all He has blessed us with.

Stained glass window in the old Pilgrim church, commemorating the signers of the Mayflower Compact.  Two of my ancestors' names are included in this, Stephan Hopkins and William Brewster.
 

Our kids at the grave of Pilgrim and first governor, William Bradford in the old Pilgrim cemetery on the knoll overlooking the bay where the Mayflower landed.
 
Makes me want to break out into the song "Rocky Top"
 
The reconstructed Plimoth Plantation

The Pilgrim Memorial at Provincetown


A park near the bay is the location of Elder William Brewster's original home


The enshrinement of "Plymouth Rock"

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...