The Logan-Stanley House was constructed c. 1902 in the Classical Revival style. What is commonly referred to as the Stanley home locally, was probably constructed for Harley Logan, an attorney, who appeared to live at this location with his family in 1910. Harley Logan was born in Plymouth in 1864. He served as city attorney and in 1904, became mayor. He was elected to that office again in 1905 and served until 1910. He also was the county attorney during this time. The Stanleys lived at the home into the late part of the 20th century. Eugene Stanley operated the Memorial Album and Records Company from a building on the site. It is connected to the house by a tunnel. Stanley was a member of the Indiana House of Representatives and lost a close election to future Governor Bowen for the house seat in 1956. The Stanley Fountain, in the south side yard of the home, is a local landmark.
The Woodbury Home (on left above) was constructed in 1922. It is an American Four Square with Craftsman style influence. Oscar and Mamie (Beldon) Woodbury had two daughters, Lucille (VanGilder) and Mary (Thompson). The couple lived in their home into the 1950s. Oscar was listed in the 1930 census; his occupation was “odd jobs”. The house on the right was constructed for Francis Garn in about 1907 in the Free Classic style. He was a grain broker in the city. He and his wife, Mary, lived at the home with their son, Rulo, in 1910. The Garns were followed by Harry and Zorah Unger. Harry was an attorney with a large family who lived in the home in 1920. John and Dora Hildebrand lived in the home next. John was a contractor who installed sewers. By the 1950s the Sisters of the Holy Cross had purchased the home as a residence for their members. The home is a private residence again.
This home is a rare survivor from probably the first generation of homes constructed in the original town plat on about 1860. It is has the unusual distinction of being the only Michigan Street home that doesn't face Michigan. It may be classified as an I-cottage or single-pen. The home has some Greek Revival influence with regard to its regular window placement and formality and the broken cornice on its side gables. However, it has an Italianate styled full front porch. Though they were not the original owners of the house, the residents in 1910 were George and Susan Neff and their daughter, Hazel. In 1909 Hazel became a charter member of the Wythougan Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. George was involved in the commercial trade selling cutlery. By 1920 George was widowed, but his daughter and her husband were living with him. His daughter was a music teacher and his son-in-law, Chase Smelser, was a civil engineer. In the 1940s the home was occupied by Ray Poetzel and Mary Coffy who operated Ramar Electronics from the location.