The Schlosser House was constructed in 1910 in the Tudor Revival style. Samuel Schlosser was a partner in Schlosser Brothers Creamery, located in Plymouth and Bremen, Indiana. The creamery was founded in Bremen in 1884 and operated at several sites in north central Indiana. Samuel became president of the Plymouth branch in 1901 and of the corporation from 1927 until his death in 1938. Samuel married Ada Hodges in 1900; they had three children: Samuel, May, and William. They constructed the home in 1910-1911. Ada continued to live at the residence after her husband’s death and was still living at this address in 1953.
The Humrichouser House was constructed in 1878 in the Italianate style. Henry Humrichouser constructed this home on the site of his original home in 1878. Humrichouser was born in York County, Pennsylvania in 1829; he came to Plymouth in 1850. He was involved in the grain and stock business and had a large grocery and merchandise establishment in the city. After his retirement in 1877 he became a gentleman farmer with two large farms in Center Township. He also became a director at the State Bank. Henry married Rachel Hunter in 1858 in Ohio. They had two sons, William and Harry. William died at the age of 21. Harry was born in 1866 and became the sole inheritor of his father’s estate due to his mother’s death in 1903 before Henry. Harry lived at the home into the 1920s with his wife, Winnie, and three children. Harry became part owner of the local telephone company. In 1909 the Wythougan Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution was organized at the home; Winnie served as hostess. The Kain family purchased the home in the 1940s and it continues to be in their family today.