19 March 2010

This Old House-Update


So you'd probably like to know what, if any, progress is being made on Sycamore Hill. Well, despite the warm weather begging us to get out of the house (kids having a picnic above), last week we finished both the new kitchen and the living room. Here are some before and after pictures (and between) of each. We're really down to just the dining room (the handcrafted replica light fixture from the East Coast came in this past weekend) and back entry for substantial interior renovations....and a lot of small miscellaneous items.

Kitchen Before
Kitchen During
Kitchen After
Living Room Before
Living Room During


Living Room After....red trim, that's unusual you say? We're basing it on some historical precedents...and it is growing on me.

1 comment:

Lisa P said...

I like it--especially the red trim.

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...