18 February 2010

snow trekking


So last Wednesday when we were unofficially snowbound at the farm I set out exploring the property on foot in the afternoon (after I painted all day). The speed of progress has increased slightly as they are currently installing the last of the kitchen cabinetry. Now if I only had my office set up! The picture of the sunrise above is one of the contributing factors to the move to the country. I could never see the sunrise (or set) in town.



The old milk can is in an area that is graded down to the creek and is believed to be the original ford for the pioneer family from the Michigan Road to their farm, long before the county road was constructed. I believe this area became a rubbish pile for the subsequent generations of the pioneer family. Below are three buggy wheel rims near a small stand of ancient cottonwood trees.


No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...