11 March 2009

Done with winter!

Mother Nature is such a tease. As the temps continue to fall from 65 degrees last night, to 20 degrees this morning (and falling, with spits of snow forecasted)....I've realized that despite my love for a good snow storm, I'm done with it all this year!


The up side: despite all the rain and flooding here in river city.....the basement is dry. But the kids are home.....because it is too dark in the morning (thanks Mitch!) to send the kids to school with the potential for flooded streets and sidewalks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered how you were doing when I heard that there would be street closures in River City because of flooding. Glad to hear your basement is dry!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day.... everythings FLOWING your way!!!!! Just think you could have been mayor of River City for just over a year now and you would have experienced three floods, the sidewalk issue, the bollard issue,and the Meth Lab outbreak! Me thinks you may have been blessed my friend!

PNW Hoosier said...

We are in the middle of a bit of a late winter freeze ourselves. It has really slowed my bedroom remodel considerably.

hoosier reborn said...

sidewalk issue? what did I miss? fact is I had a plan-the ESU report that outlined what do to for the flooding situation-a PRO-ACTIVE approach...rather than just having my pic on the evening news in a windbreaker saying uh, yeah, with more rain the river will rise

duh.

meth labs are primarily outside the city limits, but the GOP didn't want you to know that in the election. Now the mayor has to solve a problem that doesn't really exist. He'll probably be quite successful and let everyone know next election.

I'm leaning cynical these days.

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...