28 February 2008

Divine Romance

There's a great song out on the radio now called "Divine Romance" by Phil Wickham, from his album entitled Phil Wickham. It is an amazing acoustical piece, played as a simple strum on the guitar with solid, but recognizably humble, vocals expressing the depth of this guy's faith. I was hooked the first time I heard it about three weeks ago and want to go out and buy the cd.

I always wanted to learn to play the guitar and this song makes me want to pick one up and strum along. Seriously, as I hear it, I imagine playing and singing along. I learned to play three chords to "a Horse with no name" two years ago; that's the extent of my abilities. Anyone with lots of patience want to give me free lessons?

Divine Romance is a simple song about a simple love for Christ; something I'm beginning to just now understand. Listen for it........then close your eyes and imagine singing and playing along.

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...