26 November 2007

my dad

First let me say, I love my dad....but you out there who know him, well, be prepared, because I will likely end up a lot like him. already so, if you ask my wife. But I need to share this story from Thanksgiving.

We were all sitting in the family room when I noticed he had his pocket knife out digging into his shoes. I dared to ask why. He said that the store never took the sensor out of the heel, so he has set off the alarm when he walks out of stores.

Then he went on to say that to avoid any appearance of impropriety on his part, he now waits near the exit for someone with a loaded down shopping cart, then walks out astride them. So when the alarm sounds, security automatically assumes it is person with the shopping cart and my dad walks away, undetected.

My dad.

No comments:

Ode to a Truck

Wednesday, I took my travel companion on its last trip, from which it didn't come home with me. I took it for a drive the day before, to...